Our Blog is an up to date record of what we have been up to both in the school and out of it. We endeavour to update it as regularly as possible and include a sample the days pictures when available.

You can scroll back through the
Blog and follow various students progress through their training and get a good idea of how the school operates.

You will also find records of our trips abroad which will give you a good idea of what to expect should you wish to come on one with us.

Please visit it on a regular basis and feel free to add comments.




Friday, February 27, 2015

Will I won't I and lets get started - Mexico day Five

Some wanted to fly some didn't but finally Gordon, Grant Wayne and myself climbed into the truck and were off up the hill to practice climbing out from launch and a start then a quick boat about and a visit to the "Piano" field which I had not yet landed in.


the car park starts to fill up with gliders

A little more overcast well it's all relative a tiny bit of higher cloud to be fair.  We all got off in quick order and after a bit of scratching around climbed out in a "nice" thermal which Wayne kindly searched out.  We met up just short of cloud base and explored the lift before grouping up for the start......tick tick tick off we went crossing the line 30 seconds late, that will be about a kilometre then!

We blasted across to the plateau in formation before finding a climb over its flat top and a very consistent field.  Wayne went for a little wander whilst the rest of us climbed out then glided back to the "G" spot in a hurry, the prog adjustments have paid off, not only sweeter to fly but glide is with the rest of them.  Bang up we go over the "G" spot in what was actually a very smooth thermal indeed, whats going on ??

The Piano field with El Penon in the background


and with launch behind

Grant and Gordon go back to find wayne and I go for a cruise around the valley before heading into the Piano field.  Good time to practice the drouge, out it pops and down I come. Hooray I land sweet as you like on my feet, hopefully the first of many;)  All that practice in the UK on the tow paid off.

The guys all come in one by one with everyone safe and sound.  A few beers from the "bar" and some gorgeous Oranges then its back home for a mandatory pilot briefing.  traffic slowed us down but we make it just in time.  Usual stuff but also a long talk on the Flymaster Live units we will be using for the comp". Hope I can get it onto my mount as will provide a spare vario and gps.  Ask me when I get back what I think of it .....


Mandatory pilots briefing where someone fell asleep ......

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote of the day "I only want a short one"

No comments :